When it comes to preventing shin splints and improving your performance, the single most important weapon in your arsenal is a pair of high-quality running shoes supplemented by a good pair of compression socks. Be sure to follow these guidelines while shopping for athletic footwear:
1. Establish Your Foot TypeHuman feet fall into three basic brackets:
- mid-arched (overpronators
- high-arched (underpronators)
2. Don‰Ûªt Rely on Size GuidesJust because you wear size 10 for Adidas shoes, it doesn‰Ûªt mean that size 10 will offer the same perfect fit with Nike shoes. Shoe shapes and sizes differ enormously from one brand to another. As such, it is important that you don‰Ûªt solely rely on size guides when making your final decision; rather, always try the shoes on before buying them.
3. Give Your Shoes a Test DriveJog up and down to get a feel for your new running shoes, hop onto the store‰Ûªs treadmill (if present) and really put them through their paces. Just because they feel good when standing and walking doesn‰Ûªt mean they‰Ûªll be suitable for running.
4. Try to Ignore StylingYou‰Ûªll want a pair of running shoes that look good, but making your decision based on looks alone is never a good idea. Don‰Ûªt allow yourself to be blindsided by running shoes that are more about style and sophistication than performance. The same rule applies to the compression sports gear!
5. Check the Returns PolicyParticularly if planning to buy running shoes online, ensure that there is a fair and adequate returns policy in place. It‰Ûªs not uncommon to be ‰Û÷wowed‰Ûª at the moment of purchase, only to realise you‰Ûªve made a big mistake by the time you get your shiny-new running shoes home. Check the returns policy, keep your receipts and don‰Ûªt remove those tags too hastily!
Share this post
- Tags: Category_blog