Ferro Rod Fire Starter with Fluorescent Paracord & Whistle - Flint & Steel Striker Survival Kit - Magnesium 3/8” (9mm) Diameter, 10,000 Strikes for Emergency, Camping, Bushcraft
- DURABLE FLINT FIRE STARTER - 65mm (2.55in) long and 9mm (0.35in) diameter magnesium ferro rod, made from a high-quality pyrophoric alloy containing iron, magnesium, cerium and lanthanum. It can produce up to 10,000 strikes with sparks at around 3,000 degrees Celsius. Ideal for campfires, fireplaces, barbecues, bushcraft, camping or as an emergency outdoor accessory.
- ERGONOMIC GRIP HANDLE & STRIKER - designed and tested to make it as comfortable as possible to have a firm grip and easy to start a fire in any weather (even in extreme cold rainy weather) and at any altitude by men or women.
- BUILT-IN WHISTLE & FLUORESCENT PARACORD make this ferro rod a perfect gadget for any outdoor adventure. The striker and rod are tied together with a fluorescent paracord lanyard to make it easy to find in the dark and prevent separation as well as make it compact enough to fit in a pocket or backpack. It is waterproof, long-lasting, portable and safe for travel.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA - the ferrocerium rod can also be used by children which makes it a great survival kit gift for boy / girl scouts as well as friends and family interested in bushcraft or outdoor adventures.
- HOW TO USE - 1) scrape off the protective black layer from the magnesium rod (you can use the stainless steel striker to do this); 2) use the striker to push and slide against the ferro rod until you see lots of sparks generated to help you make a fire
Imagine that on one of your camping trips, you decide to do some solo kayaking before the sunset. You start your trip lightly dressed and with your tactical survival bracelet. A few miles down the river you hit a rock and get thrown out of your kayak smashing your leg. Realising that you are all wet, hurt and left alone in the middle of nowhere, all you have left on you is your paracord bracelet.
The sun is about to disappear and you start feeling cold and need to do something quickly to get your body temperature up. After you gather some kindling and wood, you unravel your paracord and use its fine inner strands as tinder. Then you scrape the fire flint striker in your bracelet against the rod and ignite the tinder. You are now sitting next to a warming fire and feeling comfortable!
The next thing you decide to do is to use the scraper as an emergency knife to cut off a piece of your paracord to string up a clothesline and dry your wet clothes. Now you need to take care of your injured leg. After finding a suitable branch, you splint your leg against it and secure it with the paracord from the bracelet.
Then you blow your loud emergency whistle to reveal your location to anyone who might be looking for you.
Early in the morning, if no one comes for you and you are able to walk, you navigate your way back to the campsite by using the built-in compass. You are safe now.
We offer a free shipping option for all UK orders. Our handling time is 1 business day. International and priority shipping prices/options are available during the checkout process.
All products can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase.