Ferro Rod Fire Starter with Fluorescent Paracord - Flint & Steel Striker Survival Kit - Magnesium 3/8” (9mm) Diameter, 10,000 Strikes for Emergency, Camping, Bushcraft
- DURABLE FLINT FIRE STARTER - 65mm (2.55in) long and 9mm (0.35in) diameter magnesium ferro rod, made from a high-quality pyrophoric alloy containing iron, magnesium, cerium and lanthanum. It can produce up to 10,000 strikes with sparks at around 3,000 degrees Celsius. Ideal for campfires, fireplaces, barbecues, bushcraft, camping or as an emergency outdoor accessory.
- ERGONOMIC GRIP HANDLE & STRIKER - designed and tested to make it as comfortable as possible to have a firm grip and easy to start a fire in any weather (even in extreme cold rainy weather) and at any altitude by men or women.
- FLUORESCENT PARACORD make this ferro rod a perfect gadget for any outdoor adventure. The striker and rod are tied together with a fluorescent paracord lanyard to make it easy to find in the dark and prevent separation as well as make it compact enough to fit in a pocket or backpack. It is waterproof, long-lasting, portable and safe for travel.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA - the ferrocerium rod can also be used by children which makes it a great survival kit gift for boy / girl scouts as well as friends and family interested in bushcraft or outdoor adventures.
- HOW TO USE - 1) scrape off the protective black layer from the magnesium rod (you can use the stainless steel striker to do this); 2) use the striker to push and slide against the ferro rod until you see lots of sparks generated to help you make a fire